15 Foods You Can Eat at Any Time and in Any Quantity, Without Risk Of Gaining Weight
While there’s no such thing as a zero-calorie food, there are foods you can enjoy freely without having to worry about packing on the pounds.
According to nutritionist Dr. Lisa Young, these foods generally fall into one of two categories: non-starchy fruits or vegetables.
They’re mostly made up of water. They’re low in calories.They contain fiber, which helps make you feel and stay full.
Although these fruits and vegetables aren’t high in protein, they’re packed with plenty of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients that have numerous benefits for your health.
1. Celery – Approximately 95% of celery is water. This super healthy product contains 30% of your daily requirement of vitamin K. It’s best to eat celery when it’s fresh as it loses most of its useful properties within five days of cutting.
2. Cucumbers – Cucumbers contain almost the same amount of water as celery. Fresh crunchy cucumbers have significant health benefits. The skin of a cucumber contains most of its nutritional value, particularly beta-carotene, which is good for your eyes. So it’s better not to peel them.
3. Arugula – There are only 10 kcal in 2 cups of arugula. It helps you get slimmer without damaging your health. You can combine arugula with white cheese and season it with olive oil.
4. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are full of lycopene, vitamins A, C, and B2, folic acid, fiber, chromium, and potassium. They are practically devoid of calories and provide us with various nutrients vital for our health.
5. Blueberries – Blueberries have more antioxidants than any other fruit. Therefore, a cup of blueberries will help you balance your diet. This food is light in calories, so you don’t have to worry about the risk of gaining weight.
6. Oranges – Oranges are one of the most delicious fruits. They are best known for their vitamin C content. By the way, the white stuff under the orange skin, the pith, contains a lot of fiber, which helps to lower cholesterol. So it’s better not to take pith off the orange.
7. Egg whites – You can eat egg whites in vast quantities. It’s even useful for those who follow a strict diet. Mix the whites with a few tomatoes and get the healthiest omelet ever! However, if you care about your figure it’s better not to fry it in oil.
8. Broccoli – Broccoli is the favorite food of those who’re losing weight. Apart from vitamins A, C, E, and K, it contains approximately 20% of your daily fiber requirement.
9. Popcorn – One cup of air-popped popcorn will never affect your body. This “movie” snack mostly consists of air, and you can enjoy eating it without fear of gaining extra weight.
10. Cauliflower – Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins C and K. It’s most nutritious when eaten raw.
11. Grapefruit – Grapefruits help to stabilize blood sugar levels.They’re full of vitamin C, and, due to their low caloric value, they can help you reduce those extra inches around your waist.
12. Salad – Salad is packed with vitamins A and C as well as folic acid and iron. It’s practically devoid of calories, so its consumption in large quantities won’t cause any weight gain.
13. Blackberries – Blackberries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C. Plus, they have an amazing taste. They’re safe even for those who have been on a diet for a long time. The caloric content of the product is relatively low.
14. Melon will satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your diet. It contains over half the recommended daily value of vitamins A and C.
15. Strawberries – Another indispensable product for all those losing weight. Strawberries are rich in potassium and fiber and have an anti-inflammatory effect.