10 Foods to Avoid for the Flat Belly You’ve Always Dreamed Of
Stubborn belly fat is still there, and it seems that it doesn’t plan to go anywhere. Your belly fat will not go away overnight but you have to start somewhere no? It sounds difficult right now but altering a few eating habits in your day to day life has the ability to make your belly fat go away forever. At least as long as you try to maintain it.
Here is a list of foods you should stay away from:
1. Say goodbye to fast food – It’s no secret that fast food contains too many calories that may bring various health problems, but if that’s not convincing enough for you to give up this food, just remember that it’s definitely responsible for your belly that you want to get rid of so badly.
2. Avoid alcoholic beverages – Some alcoholic drinks are rich in calories, but calories are not the main factor here. Alcohol consumption increases your appetite and confuses the part of your brain that is responsible for the feeling of fullness. So no matter how full you are, when you go for a bottle of beer you usually accompany it with a snack, don’t you?
3. Forget about mayonnaise – If you’re a fan of mayonnaise and mayonnaise-based salads, then you should know that this dressing contains at least 80% fat. The best option is to substitute mayo for vegetable puree or natural tomato paste.
4. No more ice cream – This one is pretty obvious, isn’t it? Foods rich in sugar inevitably turn into abdominal fat, which is the most harmful fat in your body.
5. Don’t buy chewing gum – When you chew gum, your brain and stomach receive signals that prepare them for an incoming meal. Plus, gum triggers the overproduction of stomach acid, and, as a result, you feel hungry.
6. Don’t fall for those “sugar-free” products – Foods that contain sugar substitutes such as polyalcohols, for example, are only effective for people with diabetes. These sugar-free products still contribute to the size of your abdomen.
7. Say “No” to French fries – As much as you love this food, you should give it up as soon as possible. Fried potatoes, just like any other fried foods, work like a sponge that absorbs saturated fats. Believe it or not, but saturated fats can actually affect brain function so that it can’t think clearly about how much weight you’re gaining at the moment. As a result, you can eat up to 30 potatoes without noticing it.
8. Don’t eat foods that make you bloat – Even the skinniest people can have rather visible belly outlines due to foods that provoke intestinal gases or an upset stomach. If this is an issue for you, just avoid such foods and think of a good workout routine that will speed up your digestion.
9. Adopt a low-sodium diet – Remember: sugar and salt should be limited to small amounts, especially if you suffer from high blood pressure. Not only are high-sodium foods harmful to your health but they also retain fluids which prevent you from losing belly fat effectively.
10. Give up soft drinks – We hear this all the time, but it’s still so hard to give up this habit. But if you really want to get rid of abdominal fat, you should stop drinking soft drinks. Even those low-calorie drinks slow down your metabolism and stimulate your body to gain fat.