This information can save your life! How to know if we are having a stroke?
In the same way, as a heart attack occurs, a stroke is usually caused by the obstruction of an artery, which does not allow blood to reach the brain in its proper form. This blockage may be due to a blood clot or fat deposit.
Symptoms to detect a strokes
These are the main symptoms of a stroke, which may alert you and help you to detect a strokes.
1. Numbness on one side of the body (face, arm, leg).
2. Confusion and difficulty at the moment of understanding what is heard and when speaking.
3. Difficulties to see well.
4. Lack of sudden coordination and loss of balance.
5. A sudden headache without any apparent cause.
6. Loss of consciousness or sudden fainting.
Risk factors at the time of suffering a stroke
Men are more at risk of having a stroke than women.
2. Smoking tobacco:
The chemicals present in tobacco, increase the accumulation of platelets in the walls of the arteries, which is capable of causing blood clots capable of blocking the arteries.
Cholesterol damages the walls of the arteries, making it easier to lodge fats in them.
High blood pressure is one of the main causes of stroke.
High levels of sugar in the body, are capable of damaging the arterial walls.
6. Race, color, and ethnicity:
It has been proven that people with dark skin color are more prone to brain attacks.
How to avoid a stroke?
1. Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables
2. Do physical exercise at least 3 times each week
3. Take a daily cardio aspirin
4. Take care of your blood pressure
5. Take a glass of wine daily
What to do in the face of a strokes?
1. The first 30 minutes are of the utmost importance at the time of suffering a strokes.
2. Then it is important to lie down, to avoid suffering any type of injury if we subsequently lose consciousness.
3. It is important not to take any medication, or try any kind of first aid maneuver if we are not trained for it.
4. Call emergency as soon as possible