18 Lipsticks That Can Domage Your Mouth Via Toxic Metals
High amounts of harmful metals were traced in different types of makeup products among which is the lipstick. Do you know what all the ingredients mean on the labels of your makeup?
So, you may be very cautious in what you consume every day, however you also need to be very careful about what type of makeup you use every day.
Lipsticks, deodorants, shampoos, and other personal care products usually are not tested for health compliance. Some products do not even have a list of their ingredients. Unfortunately, the U.S. government does not implement mandatory testing for cosmetic products prior their display on store shelves.
If your lipstick contains heavy metals or chemicals in its content, then you are also ingesting high amounts of these harmful substances. You don’t have to swallow this stuff in order for it to hurt you.
Your skin absorbs it into the bloodstream. So image that you are reapplying toxic chemicals to your face several times a day and dosing your blood with heavy metals and contaminants on the regular.
Harmful Metals that Form Carcinogenic Lipstick
According to a study by the Environmental Defense group, which tested 49 makeup items for their level of toxic metals, reported dangerously disturbing levels of contamination in heavy metal in almost each product.
The 49 tested items involved:
- 5 foundations
- 4 powders
- 4 concealers
- 8 lipsticks or glosses
- 5 blushes or bronzers
- 7 mascaras
- 2 eyeliners
- 14 eye shadows
Namely, from all of the tested products, around 96% contained lead based ingredients, 90% contained beryllium based ingredients, and 61% had in their content thallium based ingredients. Furthermore, it was found out that 51% of the items had cadmium and 20% contained arsenic.
Eight metals were tested on each of these products, and it was revealed that most of the products included four metals, and every single product tested had in its content at least two of the four metals which are highly harmful for the overall health and well-being.
Those metals were:
All these metals are extremely toxic and can seriously damage the health.
And what is even more concerning is the fact that a lot of the metals here don’t immediately cause problems of a more serious health nature. Instead, they make the body more prone to develop problems in the future. As a result, when used over many years, they can increase the risk of cancer and a lot of other health disorders.
List of carcinogenic lipstick:
1. (#103c), Stargazer Lipstick
2. (#1005 Red Lizard), NARS Semi-Matte
3. (#410 Volcanic), L’Oreal Colour Riche
4. (#125 Pink Petal), Maybelline Color Sensational
5. (#165 Tickled Pink), L’Oreal Colour Riche
6. (#580 Ruby Remix), CoverGirl Queen Collection Vibrant Hues
7. (#27 Mauvey), Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color
8. (#748 Heroic), L’Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor
9. (#025 Warm Brick), CoverGirl Continuous Color
10. (#475 Mauve Me), Maybelline Color Sensation
11. (#009 Fabulous Fig), Revlon Matte
12. (#1009 Funny Face), NARS Semi-Matte
13. (#375 Ripened Red), Revlon ColorStay
14. (#558 Mad for Mauve), Avon Beyond Color
15. (#530 Mauve Amour), L’Oreal Endless
16. (#631 Luminous Pink), Revlon Super Lustrous Peal
17. (Toffee), Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer
18. (#643 Satin Plum), Revlon Super Lustrous Peal
Non-carcinogenic Lipstick List:
– Bella Mari Pure Mineral Lipstick
– Canyon Lipstick
– Coastal Classic Creations
– Isoi Bulgarian Rose Lip Treatment Balm
– Maia’s Mineral Galaxy Lipstick
– Organic Infused Lip Love Lipstick
– Rejuva Minerals Pur Lips Lipstick
– W3ll People Extreme Lip Gloss