Important Do’s And Don’ts About Sleeping During Pregnancy
Because of body changes like discomfort while standing, walking, and sitting, women face a lot of problems during pregnancy.
As a woman’s belly grows, discomfort arises during sleep as well.
Besides that, there are some other discomforts as well, such as back pain, frequent urination, shortness of breath, etc.
So, here we have several good advices for you so that you can enjoy your sleep during pregnancy!
1. In order to protect your baby’s and your heart’s health, it is recommended to sleep on the left side since it enables proper blood supply to your baby.
2. Pregnant women should never sleep on their back since it presses both the baby and the mother’s organs.
3. The best solution for pregnancy, are maternity pillows since they are specifically designed for this phase. Moreover, they also lift and rest the adequate body parts.
4. Pregnant women are not able to hold the urine for long period of time since the bladder’s capacity decreases.
In order to prevent waking up in the middle of the night, make sure to drink liquids earlier in the day, and not 2 hours before going to bed.
5. The size of the abdomen is changing during every trimester and this requires different comfort levels. This means that you should sleep according to your possibilities.
6. During the first trimester, the sleeping position is not so important. However, once you get in the second trimester, you should definitely start sleeping on your left side.
7. During the third trimester, sleep in your favorite position, but don’t sleep on your back.
8. Wear looser clothes so that the body can breathe during sleeping.
9. Try mediation before sleeping to keep your mind free of worries.
10. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.