Man’s Body Full Of Worms After Consuming Sushi
Sushi may sound like a healthy choice, but if it’s not prepared properly, raw fish can carry some pretty icky parasites. You always need to know where the fish comes from or if it’s properly prepared. If it’s not, you may end up like this unfortunate man.
After consuming a portion of Sashimi, he felt sharp pain in his stomach which didn’t stop after a while. That’s what sent a 32-year-old Portuguese man to the emergency room with vomiting, severe gastrointestinal pain, and a low grade fever.
His body was full of parasitic tape worms! The worms in question were Diphyllobothrium, a parasitic species present in all fish that can cause a condition called Diphylloborthriasis in some people after they consume undercooked or raw fish.
The biggest problem, however, is that the parasitic worms can be deadly! They can reach your brain and live there for years, undetected for a long period until it’s too late. This happens more often than you think, and in some cases people get infected with parasitic worms even after eating cooked fish.
Sushi fan Dr. Mohamed Yassin said any kind of fish can be infected and it can happen anywhere. The upside: parasites are less common among fresh water fish.
Here’s a list of symptoms caused by the condition:
1. Discomfort or pain in the abdomen
3. Considerable weight loss
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.