6 Crucial Health Benefits Of Prostate Massage Therapy That Most Men Are Missing Out On (PAY ATTENTION ON NO.5)
The prostate is a small gland in the male reproductive system. It is placed below the bladder and in front of the rectum in shaped like a walnut. It is responsible for the production of semen, which is a fluid carrying sperms from testicles during ejaculation.
The therapy is similar to digital rectal examination. It is a process where the doctor gently inserts a gloved and lubricated finger into the rectum and examines the size, shape and any anomalies (if present) in the prostate gland. Prostate massage therapy involves massaging the prostate gland for a range of benefits. While some benefits are therapeutic, some help overcome an intrusive medical condition.
Prostatic massage is thought to help clear the prostatic duct. This duct, or pipeline, runs between your prostate and the rest of your reproductive and urinary system. Massaging may produce a spontaneous secretion of fluid. This secretion may help clear this duct of any fluids. This could help eliminate any symptoms you’re experiencing.
6 Crucial Health Benefits Of Prostate Massage Therapy:
1. Reduces Painful Ejaculation
One of the reasons for painful or uncomfortable ejaculation could be blockage of fluids in the prostatic duct. A prostate massage unblocks the clogs and ensures easy flow. This, significantly reduces or completely relieves the pain experienced during ejaculation. The extent of relief increases with the frequency of massage, given, you are comfortable with the procedure, and your doctor recommends frequent sessions.
2. Improves Blood Flow
An enhanced blood circulation to the prostate gland increases the volume of semen produced. This reduces the level of impotence. It also intensifies the process of ejaculation, making sexual experience more pleasurable. An adequate circulation ensures proper health of the gland, cleanses it, and reduces the risks of getting various diseases including prostate cancer.
3. Prevents Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Also known as enlarged prostate, benign prostatic hyperplasia is caused due to hormonal imbalances and cell growth, as men age. This leads to blockage of the urethra, a weak urine stream, or a feeling of the bladder being not completely empty. The condition could lead to urine retention, resulting in bladder infections and kidney stones/damage. Prostate massage therapy considerably reduces the enlargement, leading to an unobstructed flow of urine.
4. Treats Prostatitis
Prostatitis is an infection of prostate leading to inflammation. While 90% of the causes are non-bacterial, with the exact reason unknown, the rest 10% are caused due to bacteria. Anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, muscle relaxants, and surgery are some of the medical treatments for prostatitis. Prostate massage therapy can be employed as a therapeutic treatment in helping overcome the disease.
5. Treats Erectile Dysfunction
Research shows that around 20% of the men have erectile dysfunction. It is the condition where a man finds it difficult to achieve or sustain an erection. This makes it difficult to have an intercourse. It is one of the leading causes of impotency in men. Prostate massage therapy involves stimulating specific areas which help overcome erectile dysfunction.
6. Eases Urine Flow
The prostate gland surrounds the urethra, which is a duct that carries urine out of the body from the bladder. Sometimes, a swelling or inflammation of the prostate could lead to complete obstruction or temporary blockage of the urethra, affecting the urine flow. The therapy has shown effective results in overcoming the inflammation, which in turn eases the flow of urine.
NOTE: It is important to know that massaging vigorously could worsen the situation. Only a trained professional can give you a massage, if otherwise, it might cause severe damage to the reproductive system. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.